Indoor Air Quality Services
With today’s tightly sealed, well-insulated homes, the air inside your home can be 2-5 times more polluted than the air outside.
Choose Edwards Royal Comfort Heating, Air & Plumbing for services and products to improve your Indoor Air Quality.
A home energy audit takes the guesswork out of home energy improvements by showing you all the different ways you can save energy and put money back in your pocket. A home energy audit is also an ideal place to start when considering adding new HVAC equipment to your home. Let Edwards Royal Comfort visit your home and show you how to save money and reduce your carbon footprint.
Learning how to save money is just one of the benefits of a home energy audit. You’ll also learn how to:
- Increase Home Comfort
- Improve Indoor Air Quality
- Reduce Your Contribution to Pollution
Air Duct Cleaning
Why should I have my air ducts cleaned?
- Air ducts naturally accumulate sizeable deposits of dust and other contaminants over a period of years.
- Dirt deposits can reduce the efficiency of your heating and air conditioning system and even cause physical discomfort and illness by degrading the quality of air you breathe indoors.
- Dirt deposits in your air ducts actually act as food for organisms such as dust mites.
Contaminates build up inside the return ductwork. Traditional heating and cooling systems recirculate the air in a home via supply air ducts and return air ducts. Many homes have inefficient filters, which trap less than 10 percent of the particulate that is circulated in the system. If not trapped by the systems air filter, the particulate accumulates in the duct work and on the internal components of your furnace or fan coil.
Duct Cleaning Benefits
Cleaning your duct work eliminates these contaminates with the following benefits:
- Safeguard your health by eliminating potential causes of allergies and respiratory problems.
- Eliminate the dirt that acts as food for dust mites, bacteria, mold and other micro organisms.
Air Duct Sealing
In homes with forced-air heating and cooling systems, ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout the house. In a typical house, however, about 20 percent of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts. The result is higher utility bills and difficulty keeping the house comfortable, no matter how the thermostat is set.
A duct system that is well-designed and properly sealed can make your home more comfortable, energy efficient, and safer. Contact us for a quote to seal the ducts in your home and improve the performance of your heating and cooling systems.